Designing low carbon buildings
The built environment has a crucial role to play in leading people into low carbon, more sustainable lifestyles as buildings have a powerful influence in the way that we live and work. FDG aims to produce sustainable designs that respond to the following key drivers:
• Reduce Carbon emissions and other green house gas emissions
• Reduce embodied carbon
• Reduce energy use
• Provide some of the electrical power demand from renewable energy sources
• Assist clients in procurement of low energy equipment
• Reduce water usage
• Waste management and recycling
• Promote the use of local, recycled or reclaimed materials
• Promote the use of materials that are not harmful to the environment in their use and manufacture.
• Use of timber from FSC and PFSC sources
Through our approach to designing sustainable buildings we encompass both the spirit and the intent of the BREEAM and LEED processes.
FDG maintains an environmental policy which ensures that its requirements are met by incorporating the prescriptive sections into the Quality System, which is rated to ISO 9001:2008